Zac Oldham – Principle Agent – Your Independent Insurance Agent
Zac Oldham grew up in Plano, Texas, and graduated from Plano Senior High School in 1995. He went on to receive his bachelor’s and master’s degrees in International Business from Texas Tech University in Lubbock, Texas.
Zac has been married to his wife, Ronna, for over 20 years and they have two wonderful children together. In 2002, the Oldham family moved to Allen, Texas, where they currently reside.
Oldham & Associates Insurance transitioned from the captive insurance model to the independent insurance model back in 2011. The Independent Model allows for the insurance agent to quote your insurance with many different insurance companies at any time. This allows the consumer to get the best possible policy and price each year. The Independent Model also requires the insurance companies to compete for your business. They understand that the agent has options and the consumer is able to move fluidly throughout the agency to a different company if desired. We believe you, as the consumer, should have options because one type of plan does not fit all situations.
We are pleased with our success since transitioning. Our policyholders have experienced significant cost savings while improving coverage, reducing deductibles, and adding important policy options.
Most consumers don’t realize that there are big differences in how insurance is sold. When a consumer purchases insurance, they are choosing from three distribution sources:
- Captive Insurance Agents – work for just one company and sell only one brand, some examples are State Farm, Allstate, Farmers, Nationwide
- Direct – from an insurance company impersonal service, no advice, and not a one-stop-shop for all your insurance needs. Examples include Geico, 21st Century, USAA
- Independent Insurance Agent – Represent numerous insurance companies and their objective is to find you the best possible value and coverage based on your individual needs, like Oldham & Associates Insurance.
Independent Insurance Agents give you competitive prices because they compare coverage and rates from multiple insurance companies. That’s not all our agents do:
- Offer you a choice of plans and programs
- We are you consultant, working with you as you determine needs
- We are not restricted to any single company, meaning you won’t have to change agencies as your insurance and/or service needs change
- We treat you like a person rather than a number
- We are licensed professionals with strong customer and local community ties.